[OE-core] Using boost-program-options and native

Phil Wise phil at advancedtelematic.com
Thu Apr 13 06:53:18 UTC 2017

On 13.04.2017 08:34, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-04-12 at 13:47 +0000, thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com wrote:
>> I want to build a tool which makes use of boost-program-options lib. As long as I compile for the target, all is fine, but when I add
>>> BBCLASSEXTEND += "native"
>> to my recipe, I a bitbake error "Nothing Provides" ... :(
>>
>>> ERROR: Required build target 'mytool-native' has no buildable providers.
>>> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['mytool-native', 'boost-program-options-native']
>>
>> In the recipe I just depend on boost and RDEPEND on boost-program-options:
>>> DEPENDS = "boost"
>>> RDEPENDS_${PN} = "boost-program-options"
>>
>> Is something wrong with this? Why is there a package
>> boost-program-options but no boost-program-options-native, altough
>> boost-native exists and the libboost-program-options.so is installed
>> into the
>> native sysroot. (I can compile flawlessly without the RDEPENDS line.)
>
> Native and nativesdk flavors don't have packages, so RDEPENDS only works
> when depending on ${PN}-native (but not for ${PN}-native-some-package).
>
> Try:
>
> DEPENDS = "boost"
> RDEPENDS_${PN}_class-target = "boost-program-options"
>
> "boost" already is a dependency via DEPENDS, so you shouldn't need an
> RDEPENDS for it in the native case.

The following worked for me when building a native recipe that depends
on Boost Program Options:

https://github.com/advancedtelematic/meta-updater/blob/morty/recipes-sota/sota-tools/sota-tools_git.bb

  inherit cmake
  DEPENDS = "boost ..."
  BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"

I'm no OE expect, so I won't claim this it is right answer, but it does
at least build.

Cheers,

Phil
--
Phil Wise, ATS Advanced Telematic Systems GmbH
Kantstrasse 162, 10623 Berlin