[OE-core] Using boost-program-options and native

thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 13 07:26:40 UTC 2017

Am Donnerstag, den 13.04.2017, 08:53 +0200 schrieb Phil Wise:
> On 13.04.2017 08:34, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > On Wed, 2017-04-12 at 13:47 +0000, thilo.cestonaro at ts.fujitsu.com wrote:
> > > I want to build a tool which makes use of boost-program-options lib. As long as I compile for the target, all is fine, but when I add
> > >
> > > to my recipe, I a bitbake error "Nothing Provides" ... :(

> > > In the recipe I just depend on boost and RDEPEND on boost-program-options:
> > >
> > > Is something wrong with this? Why is there a package
> > > boost-program-options but no boost-program-options-native, altough
> > > boost-native exists and the libboost-program-options.so is installed
> > > into the
> > > native sysroot. (I can compile flawlessly without the RDEPENDS line.)
> >
> > Native and nativesdk flavors don't have packages, so RDEPENDS only works
> > when depending on ${PN}-native (but not for ${PN}-native-some-package).
> >
> > Try:
> >
> > DEPENDS = "boost"
> > RDEPENDS_${PN}_class-target = "boost-program-options"
> >
> > "boost" already is a dependency via DEPENDS, so you shouldn't need an
> > RDEPENDS for it in the native case.
>
> The following worked for me when building a native recipe that depends
> on Boost Program Options:libboost-program-options1.60.0
>
> https://github.com/advancedtelematic/meta-updater/blob/morty/recipes-sota/sota-tools/sota-tools_git.bb
>
>   inherit cmake
>   DEPENDS = "boost ..."
>   BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"

Thanks for your answers!

The problem is, that boost_program_options is a library which needs to be installed on the target. This isn't done with DEPENDS boost only.

But the answer of Patrick Ohly worked for me. Now my package has a dependency to libboost-program-options1.60.0 in the control file!

Cheers,
Thilo