[OE-core] Broken NPM builds

Davis, Michael michael.davis at essvote.com
Wed Apr 26 19:43:53 UTC 2017

My recipe was just an autogenerated recipe from devtool.
I pull this grunt recipe out of the mailing list as one that worked previously and it has the same issue.

SUMMARY = "Grunt.js command line wrapper"
HOMEPAGE = "http://gruntjs.com/"
SECTION = "js/devel"
LICENSE = "MIT"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://README.md;md5=a24cc788ab726e615aa5bf0168c5d77d"
SRC_URI = "npm://registry.npmjs.org;name=${PN};version=${PV}"
inherit npm

The 6% recipe has the same problem on master, but works fine in morty.  I can post it as a patch after I can fully test it again.

The external meta-nodejs layer is not compatible with the npm.bbclass fetcher.  I have a patch in to fix that, but I am waiting for it to be integrated.