[OE-core] host-user-contaminated QA check

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Feb 2 17:17:29 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-02-02 at 11:12 -0600, Seebs wrote:
> > But I find mapping to root:root more attractive because it makes
> > packaging simpler (less worries about accidentally copying the
> > original uid) and the builds faster (no need to run the QA check).
>
> Hmm. I think I would rather have the QA check, because if a file's
> supposed to be non-root, and ends up root instead, that could cause
> subtle problems, but we'd no longer have a way to *detect* those
> problems.

But that's not the kind of the problem detected by the QA check, is it?

It warns when the owner of the file is the same as the user who did the
build, but because root isn't (normally) used for building, files
accidentally owned by root on the target won't trigger the warning.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.