[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW09’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Feb 27 16:59:06 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M3 by Feb. 27, 2017

*** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.3 is now in effect. ***

SWAT team rotation: Anibal -> Todor on Feb. 24, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Todor -> Tracy on Mar. 4, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        We’re now into feature freeze for 2.3.

·        We need to decide which recently submitted items should be merged. Some major items In particular:

o   rpm v4/dnf to replace rpm v5/smart?

o   Merging go into OE-Core?

o   Separate out elderly GPLv2 into a separate layer?

o   Graphics stack vulkan changes?

o   Large queue of wic changes?

I am leaning towards trying to take these even if they do delay the M3 release slightly as we do have some time left in M4 to stabilize.

·        Unfortunately we continue to have stability issues in testing. There appear to be some intermittent failures which have crept into master and M3 merging will likely be delayed until those issues have been tracked down. They seem to affect sdk image size, breaking the 4GB limit and eSDKs stopping containing libxml2 under unknown circumstances, possibly amongst other issues.

·        YP 2.2.1 has been released

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 26, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 29, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 9, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is May 5, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2747 (last week 2682)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com