[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW09’17

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 02:09:37 UTC 2017

On 02/27/2017 08:59 AM, Jolley, Stephen K wrote:

> Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M3
>
> Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M3 by Feb. 27, 2017
>
> *** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.3 is now in effect. ***
>
> SWAT team rotation: Anibal -> Todor on Feb. 24, 2017.
>
> SWAT team rotation: Todor -> Tracy on Mar. 4, 2017.
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team
>
> Key Status/Updates:
>
> ·We’re now into feature freeze for 2.3.
>
> ·We need to decide which recently submitted items should be merged.
> Some major items In particular:
>
> orpm v4/dnf to replace rpm v5/smart?

IMHO, we should include dnf in 2.3 so folks can start playing with it
and remove smart in 2.4.

> oMerging go into OE-Core?
>
> oSeparate out elderly GPLv2 into a separate layer?

yes, but maybe not for 2.3 if its a large effort.

> oGraphics stack vulkan changes?

The "Go" changes hit before the vulkan. Both should have the same rules
applied which ever way the decision goes.

> oLarge queue of wic changes?
>
> I am leaning towards trying to take these even if they do delay the M3
> release slightly as we do have some time left in M4 to stabilize.
>
> ·Unfortunately we continue to have stability issues in testing. There
> appear to be some intermittent failures which have crept into master
> and M3 merging will likely be delayed until those issues have been
> tracked down. They seem to affect sdk image size, breaking the 4GB
> limit and eSDKs stopping containing libxml2 under unknown
> circumstances, possibly amongst other issues.
>
> ·YP 2.2.1 has been released

thanks to all that help.

> Proposed upcoming dot releases:
>
> YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017
>
> YP 2.1.3 Release by May 26, 2017
>
> YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 29, 2017
>
> YP 2.2.2 Release by June 9, 2017

I like the dot release schedule. Helps me focus.

kind regards,
Armin