[OE-core] still fighting to get an OE recipe for "libfilesys-smbclient-perl"

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jan 19 23:45:13 UTC 2017

On 19 January 2017 at 20:58, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   beyond this, i'm not sure how to use an OE patch to adjust this
> source the right way, given that dozens and dozens of other modules
> cross-compiled just fine.
>
>   thoughts? i am in now way a perl expert so i really have no idea
> where to go from here

Is this the module you asked about earlier that I had a quick look at?  I'd
say that basically it can't be cross-compiled easily - or with moderate
effort - because of various pieces of crazy in the way it builds.

My recommendation is to either find or become a Perl build system expert
and entirely rewrite the build to use something modern and sane, instead of
something archaic, hand-coded and crazy.

Ross