[OE-core] Fun with npm shrinkwrap

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Tue Jun 6 15:14:06 UTC 2017

Ah, sorry: https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/4435

>> But it may have unwanted side effects. So, what would be the proper way
>> to address this issue?
>
> A few months ago we had a long, big discussion about how to support
> these kinds of language environments in a way that is sustainable (I
> personally do not think the current approach with npm is viable in the
> long term). Here's the initial couple of emails:
>
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-architecture/2017-March/000480.html
>

> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-architecture/2017-March/000481.html

Yeah, good points. Probably this problem is also related to OE
reimplementing parts of the npm logic.

But I suppose those concepts won't materialize very soon, will they? I'm
also looking for a short-term solution, at least some reasonable tactic
to generate such recipes in the meantime. Is there something in that
thread I should dig into?

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA ITP SES-DE