[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW10’17

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Mar 6 15:46:00 UTC 2017

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M3 by Feb. 27, 2017

*** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.3 is now in effect. ***

SWAT team rotation: Todor -> Tracy on Mar. 4, 2017.

SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Alejandro on Mar. 11, 2017.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·        2.3 M3 has not yet build but progress is being made on stabilizing/merging the patches.

·        As promised, the codename for 2.4 will be announced now and will be ‘rocko’

·        We have been hit with a number of problems around minimal builds of eSDK, where there were problems in the autobuilder implementation of this, minimal eSDKs themselves and changes to the testing infrastructure for minimal eSDKs. With so many moving pieces it's taken Ross/RP several days to unwind the problems and fix them. The good news is this issue is now resolved.

·        We are not going to make the move from smart to dnf in 2.3, there simply isn’t enough development time left and the feature isn’t ready.

·        We have merged ovmf, the queued wic changes, many queued version updates, some selftest speedup optimizations, 4.10 kernel changes, the YP compatible testing script, and many other patches.

·        Still pending are:

o   Merging go into OE-Core?

o   Separate out elderly GPLv2 into a separate layer?

Go continues to suffer build failures, I have a patchset for gplv2 ready for testing and have posted on the openembedded-architecture list about that change.

·        Since we’re into the stabilization phase of 2.3, planning for 2.4 will be beginning soon and we’re starting to plan out 2.4 in the bugzilla. If you have suggestions for 2.4, please ensure they are in bugzilla.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.1.3 Cut off May 15, 2017

YP 2.1.3 Release by May 26, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Cut off May 29, 2017

YP 2.2.2 Release by June 9, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:

YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017 (Will be a few weeks late.)

YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 10, 2017

YP 2.3 M4 Release is May 5, 2017

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2737 (last week 2744)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:               (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com