[OE-core] GUI based images

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu May 11 07:53:50 UTC 2017

On 05/09/2017 12:24 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> The development of Wayland does make the long-term prospect of Sato
> interesting: do we port Sato to Wayland too, or keep the Wayland images
> using the standard Weston demo shell?

There is a third option: find a functional, pretty, lightweight wayland
shell, and provide that. I think the prime candidate for that at the
moment is Maynard, but it has its own issues, mainly that upstream isn't
really developing it anymore. Jussi is OOO this week, maybe he can add
his 2c a bit later.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/maynard/wiki

Alex