[OE-core] Q. Changing Preferred Version of GCC

Lee, Yong Yong.Lee at johnsonoutdoors.com
Tue Oct 24 16:20:20 UTC 2017

Hello, I posted earlier but my question was unclear. Apologies!

Is it acceptable to expect different versions of GCC (via PREFERRED_VERSION_gcc) to play well with the rest of recipes/packages included in the same release branch?
Default for my current Yocto SDK (morty) is linaro-6.2, but I have a few packages that require an older version (possibly 5.4, which is included in meta).
Unfortunately GCC 5.4 is refusing to build at the moment.

I can post the error log, but I would like to run it by the developers here if this approach makes sense.

Adam
The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the email.