[OE-core] GCC 4.9 and Morty

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Thu Oct 26 12:42:58 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 08:25:00AM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 06:37:17PM +0000, Lee, Yong wrote:
> > Thank you.
> > I switched to internal toolchain and building GCC 5.4 (included in meta) is
> > complete and is onto glibc.
> >
> > In summary, TI SDK appears to be broken as the none-default GCC version
> > included in their package (ie. Linaro 4.9 and Linaro 5.2) fails to build.
>
> There's nothing wrong with TI SDK - the issue is often with the Linaro
> prebuilt toolchain changing little things from version to version and breaking
> corresponding recipes. Unfortunately, external toolchain is required, hence I
> only support 1 specific Linaro toolchain version per release - 7.x in rocko,
> 6.x in morty, 5.x in krogoth, 4.9 in fido, etc. So, if you need a different
> Linaro toolchain version, either switch to a corresponding release setup, or
> try porting those recipes.
> Alternatively, you can always switch to internal toolchain by simply passing
> TOOLCHAIN_TYPE=internal to TI SDK build. It's not the default and doesn't get
> tested very much against TI SDK, but I try to ensure nothing is broken in each
> relesae. Though, gcc7 is still work in progress.

BTW, meta-arago has its own mailing list, as well as meta-linaro has one too.
Complaining to OE-Core about specifics like this is like posting to LKML about
issues with your Linux distro... As Khem said - ask your SDK provider. And
maybe try doing that first - could probably save you a lot of headache...