[OE-core] avahi 0.7 : should we need to package /run directory or delete it?

Dengke Du dengke.du at windriver.com
Mon Oct 30 09:39:45 UTC 2017

Hi Alex

Sorry, nothing placed in /run in 0.7 version now, but it replace the
directory /var/run,

there are some difference between /run and /var/run, we can reference:

https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2011-March/000517.html

I just doubt can we remove /run directly like we remove /var/run in
0.6.32 version

bbfile.

In 0.6.32 Makefile of avahi:

     avahi_runtime_dir = /var/run

     avahi_socket = /var/run/avahi-daemon/socket

In 0.7 Makefile of avahi:

     avahi_runtime_dir = /run

     avahi_socket = /run/avahi-daemon/socket