[OE-core] avahi 0.7 : should we need to package /run directory or delete it?

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Mon Oct 30 09:48:31 UTC 2017

On 10/30/2017 11:39 AM, Dengke Du wrote:
> Sorry, nothing placed in /run in 0.7 version now, but it replace the
> directory /var/run,
>
> there are some difference between /run and /var/run, we can reference:
>
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2011-March/000517.html
>
> I just doubt can we remove /run directly like we remove /var/run in
> 0.6.32 version

Why do you doubt that? Check if /run is provided by some base package (I
honestly don't remember), and if it is, you can simply delete it in
avahi recipe do_install().

Also, don't forget to fix:
USERADD_PARAM_avahi-daemon = "--system --home /var/run/avahi-daemon \
etc.

What I am getting at is that if you are uncertain about your updates,
don't just send off the patch to the list. Make an image, boot it, and
verify that avahi is running, and all the directories look sane.

Alex