[OE-core] Multiconfig builds broken in master

Alejandro Enedino Hernandez Samaniego alejandro.enedino.hernandez-samaniego at xilinx.com
Wed Aug 29 20:02:47 UTC 2018

Hello Alex,

Firs of all, your issue is not a multiconfig problem, and is not caused
by commit b8730f6 .

I was able to reproduce your problem before and after reverting the
specified commit.

As your error log says, ostree is not in the list of valid image
features, if you add debug flags to bitbake

you can see that the ostree-image.bbclass file is not even being parsed,
hence why ostree was never added

as a valid image feature.

Why was it never parsed?

because theres no INHERITs/inherits pointing to it.

greping though the iot-refkit repo we can see that for example the
refkit-image (I don't know what your production image is based on I'm
just assuming) contains the following:

meta-refkit-core/classes/refkit-image.bbclass: inherit
${@oe.utils.all_distro_features(d, 'ostree', 'ostree-image')}

So it will only be inherited if the DISTRO_FEATURE ostree is included.

Adding ostree to DISTRO_FEATURES on the <multiconf>.conf, allows the
build to find the ostree IMAGE_FEATURE correctly.

Alejandro