[OE-core] Multiconfig and native recipes

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Dec 13 16:19:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-12-13 at 16:19 +0100, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a setup with 3 multiconfigs
>
> If I try to build:
> bitbake  multiconfig:*:erlang-native
>
> Bitbake executes 3 tasks on the same workdir
> tmp/work/x86_64-linux/erlang-native/
>
> which of course crashes. Is this expected behaviour? a bug? I have a
> wrong config?
>
> Thanks!

You haven't said how your configurations were different.

With multiconfig you have to use it responsibly and a little caution.

It sounds like you're using the same TMPDIR for these builds but the
builds are differently configured. That wouldn't be expected to work.
The builds can only share TMPDIR if the configurations are compatible
with each other (same DISTRO type config, different MACHINE for
example).

Its hard to be specific without the configuration though.