[OE-core] Multiconfig and native recipes

Ricardo Ribalda Delgado ricardo.ribalda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 16:41:20 UTC 2018

Hi Richard

Thanks for your fast response
On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 5:19 PM Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2018-12-13 at 16:19 +0100, Ricardo Ribalda Delgado wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a setup with 3 multiconfigs
> >
> > If I try to build:
> > bitbake  multiconfig:*:erlang-native
> >
> > Bitbake executes 3 tasks on the same workdir
> > tmp/work/x86_64-linux/erlang-native/
> >
> > which of course crashes. Is this expected behaviour? a bug? I have a
> > wrong config?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> You haven't said how your configurations were different.
>
> With multiconfig you have to use it responsibly and a little caution.
>
> It sounds like you're using the same TMPDIR for these builds but the
> builds are differently configured. That wouldn't be expected to work.
> The builds can only share TMPDIR if the configurations are compatible
> with each other (same DISTRO type config, different MACHINE for
> example).

That is exactly my usecase. I wan to build for all the machines with
exactly the same distro:

ricardo at neopili:~/curro/yocto/europa/build$ for a in
conf/multiconfig/*; do echo $a; cat $a; done
conf/multiconfig/inteli7.conf
MACHINE = "inteli7"
conf/multiconfig/qt5022.conf
MACHINE = "qt5022"
conf/multiconfig/qt5506.conf
MACHINE = "qt5506"

I am now trying to hack bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py to convert all tasks
multiconfig:*:AAAAA-native into AAAAA-native
it might not be the final sollution, but maybe we can use it to
discuss further options.

--
Ricardo Ribalda