[OE-core] Issues with meson in SDK with cross-file

Martin Kelly mkelly at xevo.com
Tue Feb 6 23:39:06 UTC 2018

(ping)

Paul, what do you about the options we have here for making meson work
properly in the SDK?

To recap, here are the available options. I'm wondering if you could
give your opinion on the best fit for how OE SDKs work:

- Generate meson.cross toolchain file at SDK extraction time.
- Wrap meson with a shell script that dynamically generates a toolchain
file and then runs meson pointing to it.
- Change meson to support pulling in env vars in meson.cross, and use a
fixed meson.cross file that references the env vars.