[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW09’18

Jordan, Robin L robin.l.jordan at intel.com
Mon Feb 26 16:13:05 UTC 2018

Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M3 development

Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M3 cut off was 2/19/18

*** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.5 has passed ***

SWAT team rotation: Stephano -> Maxin John on Feb. 23, 2018

SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Rebecca on March 2, 2018

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

  *   YP 2.5 M2 is through QA and likely to be released early this week.
  *   YP 2.2.3 is through QA and likely to be released early this week.
  *   YP 2.4.2 rc2 was successfully built and is undergoing QA.
  *   YP 2.5 M3 is feature freeze. After discussions with various people we concluded that we need:
     *   the 2.27 glibc upgrade
     *   kernel-devsrc size changes
     *   to resolve some of the outstanding pseudo bugs
     *   to resolve the multilib SDK patch series
     *   the package feed filtering patch series (the multilib SDK series depends on it)
     *   image EFI configuration rework
  *   We plan to defer:
     *   pkg-conf vs. pkgconfig issues/discussion
     *   profile guided optimisation for python (patch series)
     *   oe-selftest parallelization
  *   We’re continuing to work on the autobuilder changes and for various reasons (inc. changes in people).  We would be in much better shape to switch to the new codebase before release, rather than waiting until early 2.6 to pick this work up again by which time we’d have lost people and context. If we are to switch, we need to build M3 with the new infrastructure. We’ll have to make a decision on whether we do this during this week.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.4.2 (Rocko) is currently in QA 82% complete.   See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.4_QA_Status

YP 2.3.4 (Pyro) will be built when we figure out gcc backports.

YP 2.2.3 (Morty) rc2 has passed QA and is being prepared for release

YP 2.2.4 (Morty) will be built when we figure out gcc backports.

Key YP 2.5 Dates are:

YP 2.5 M2 has passed QA and is being prepared for release.

YP 2.5 M3 is in feature freeze.  See status above.

YP 2.5 M3 release of 3/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2646 (last week   2648)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.5_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Robin Jordan
Yocto Project Program Manager