[OE-core] [yocto] Yocto Project Status WW09’18

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 17:09:30 UTC 2018

On 02/26/2018 08:13 AM, Jordan, Robin L wrote:

> Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M3 development
>
> Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M3 cut off was 2/19/18
>
> *** FEATURE FREEZE for 2.5 has passed ***
>

> SWAT team rotation: Stephano -> Maxin John on Feb. 23, 2018
>
> SWAT team rotation: Maxin -> Rebecca on March 2, 2018
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team
>

> Key Status/Updates:
>
>   * YP 2.5 M2 is through QA and likely to be released early this week.
>   * YP 2.2.3 is through QA and likely to be released early this week.
>   * YP 2.4.2 rc2 was successfully built and is undergoing QA.
>   * YP 2.5 M3 is feature freeze. After discussions with various people
>     we concluded that we need:
>       o the 2.27 glibc upgrade
>       o kernel-devsrc size changes
>       o to resolve some of the outstanding pseudo bugs
>       o to resolve the multilib SDK patch series
>       o the package feed filtering patch series (the multilib SDK
>         series depends on it)
>       o image EFI configuration rework
>   * We plan to defer:
>       o pkg-conf vs. pkgconfig issues/discussion
>       o profile guided optimisation for python (patch series)
>       o oe-selftest parallelization
>   * We’re continuing to work on the autobuilder changes and for
>     various reasons (inc. changes in people).  We would be in much
>     better shape to switch to the new codebase before release, rather
>     than waiting until early 2.6 to pick this work up again by which
>     time we’d have lost people and context. If we are to switch, we
>     need to build M3 with the new infrastructure. We’ll have to make a
>     decision on whether we do this during this week.

I recommend updating to new code base on the old cluster for debug. We
can fallback to the .io and/or use them in parallel.

Will the new code base work on stable branches?

>  *
>

> Planned upcoming dot releases:
>
> YP 2.4.2 (Rocko) is currently in QA 82% complete.   See:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.4_QA_Status

stable/rocko-next: clean build last night

> YP 2.3.4 (Pyro) will be built when we figure out gcc backports.

stable/pyro-next: Mostly clean. GCC update pulled out for V2. V2 not
merged back.

> YP 2.2.3 (Morty) rc2 has passed QA and is being prepared for release
>
> YP 2.2.4 (Morty) will be built when we figure out gcc backports.

stable/morty-next: Getting cleaner. recommend updating to version in pyro.

- armin