[OE-core] [oe-core] system lock down in middle of build

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Mar 19 22:38:10 UTC 2018

Depends on whether it's literally logging out, or rebooting.  Neither of
which would be caused by Yocto directly.

If it is logging out then that is most likely the kernels out-of-memory
handler killing your entire X session to get some memory back.  Turn down
the parallelisation options, or buy more RAM.

If it is rebooting then this is normally overheating or bad memory, both of
which are hardware problems triggered by a Yocto build being more
power-hungry and sustained than just browsing the web or using a word
processor.

Ross