[OE-core] pseudo: host user contamination

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Sat Mar 24 17:10:47 UTC 2018

On 24 March 2018 at 12:36, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> I think, at least in principle, pseudo could wrap that and intercept
> this particular syscall, check syscall_number (the numbering having its
> own set of issues) and then only handle the specific problem case we
> have.

And to make things easier I think we could even just ENOTSUPP renameat2
in the short term (i.e. for 2.5), before looking at a more
comprehensive intercepting
which could solve the Go issue.

> The unfortunate reality is we will have to figure out some solution to
> this as f27 is in the wild now. Explaining why this causes problems for
> debian/yocto to the upstream is also obviously a good idea.

I filed a bug with coreutils yesterday.  "Just intercept syscall()" they said.

Ross