[OE-core] [Call to Action] Yocto Project Bug Triage

Stephano Cetola stephano.cetola at linux.intel.com
Tue May 29 14:00:56 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Sorry for the cross posting but I want to be sure to hit both the Yocto
Project and OpenEmbedded communities with this information.

It has been brought to our attention that the weekly bug triage has
fallen out of the spotlight and we'd like to get it back into focus.
We'd like to encourage anyone who is interested to join us. The invite
was sent out to the Yocto Project mailing list:

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-May/041308.html

We meet once per week to discuss new bugs (bugs with no target
milestone) and bugs that might have missed their target milestone.

This is a chance for the community to weigh in on features or bugs they
care about, as well as to volunteer their time to see that those items
are completed on schedule.

For those who don't know, we track bugs using bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/

To quickly view the bugs that we are triaging during the meeting, you
can follow along on the wiki:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage

We triage bugs in this order:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Bug_Triage_Order

Joining this meeting can help keep you up to date with the latest news
from the OpenEmbedded and Yocto Project communities. It also helps us
better understand and meet the community's needs.

Cheers,
Stephano