[OE-core] Dependency loops when enabling ptest with Ångström

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Wed Sep 5 13:32:58 UTC 2018

On 05.09.2018 14:43, richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org wrote:
> Those are all OE-Core components and build fine with ptest enabled in
> poky. That suggests one of the layers does something to the recipes in
> a bbappend which breaks things. I'd try bisecting your layers, remove
> some and see what makes the problem go away.

As I wrote before there's none of our layers involved, just the pure Ångström setup. So this is a job for the Ångström maintainers?

> I'd also start by creating the simplest test case you can (is "bitbake systemd" enough?).

The bitbake target is not important because the loops are detected while parsing the recipes.

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058