[OE-core] [OE-Core] eSDK: sstate issue with hardcoded path

Vignesh Rajendran (RBEI/ECF3) Vignesh.Rajendran at in.bosch.com
Fri Sep 7 05:23:07 UTC 2018

Hello OE-Core,

We are facing an issue with eSDK installation.

the taskhash of the recipes seems different in default and eSDK builds and we got the error while eSDK installation,

ERROR: Task wayland-native.do_fetch attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task wayland-native.do_patch attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task wayland-native.do_configure attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task wayland-native.do_compile attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task wayland-native.do_install attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task wayland-native.do_populate_sysroot attempted to execute unexpectedly and should have
[ lot of errors... shrinked]

While looking at the rootcause,
sstate siginfo file is hardcoded with absolute path

^A^@^@hWhUhPh<88>h<87>h>h<h~h`hVjN^A^@^@j­^A^@^@hAh?h}hËjO^A^@^@hnh^hqh5e<8c>^Mtaskwhitelist<94>N<8c>^Mruntaskhashes<94>}<94>(<8c>j/home/vicky/yocto_esdk/..../curl/curl_7.59.0.bb.do_compile<94><8c>

I think, I can use vardepsexclude on some variables handling siginfo to overcome the issue,

I have tried searching sstate bbclass to exclude the path.

But no luck.

Can you please provide a suggestion to overcome the issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Vignesh Rajendran