[OE-core] gl support for qemuaarch64

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:52:34 UTC 2019

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 18:54, João Rasta <freakforever at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying to build virgl-gtk branch for ARM qemu target, but I'm not completely sure if it's possible as it generally seems to require KVM.
>
> qemu-system-aarch64 has the virtio-gpu-pci device, which i'd assume to support GL forwarding to the host if compiled with libvirglrenderer. I've also been able to run a cross-compiled image reporting [drm] 3d Acceleration enabled. However, I was not able to start any graphics application on the guest.
>
> Could someone pls clarify this?

First, do you need specifically qemuarm64? qemux86_64 is significantly
faster because it has kvm. I never tried arm or other emulation
targets because of that, it's all tested with x86*.

The tests you need to do are:
a) run 'dmesg | grep drm'. What do you see?

b) add kmscube to your image and run that. There is a demo video I
made so you can see how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBuku3JESc&feature=youtu.be

Alex