[OE-core] Keeping multiconfig config files in sync

chris.laplante at agilent.com chris.laplante at agilent.com
Tue Sep 24 18:21:25 UTC 2019

Hello,

Thanks to Richard and others recent hard work, multiconfig is poised to become much more practical in YP 3.0.

One thing I'm not clear on, however, is how it will work in a team environment. If I have recipes with multiconfig dependencies, then I must ensure that anyone else using those recipes has the exact same set of multiconfig config files defined in their build/conf/multiconfig/ directory. Or at least, compatible multiconfigs with matching names.

Since these files are under build/conf/, it's not immediately clear how one might version control these. Unless I'm mistaken and there is a better way, as a workaround I will probably put the multiconfigs in a layer and instruct developers to symlink build/conf/multiconfig to there.

Any insight?

Thanks,
Chris