[OE-core] M3 build status

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Mar 8 13:18:18 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2020-03-08 at 14:08 +0100, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 at 09:15, Richard Purdie <
> richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > This is now closer. Alex fixed the libmodule-build-perl and gettext
> > reproducibility issues (thanks!), I tracked down a glibc issue and
> > procps one I saw locally. On a fresh autobuilder run we saw:
> >
> > https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/repro-fail/oe-reproducible-20200307-mk0v6ljq/packages/diff-html/
> > and
> > https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/repro-fail/oe-reproducible-20200307-5pvgdd3a/packages/diff-html/
> >
> > which I believe is the remaining blocking issue on coreutils-ptest.
>
> Not quite. The coreutils-ptest itself seems to persistently fail
> here:
>
> AssertionError: Failed ptests:
> {'coreutils': ['tests/tail-2/assert.sh']}
>
> so I'd like to have that fixed before it goes in. We have a 100%
> ptest pass rate now (except for random timing fluctuations), which I
> don't want to see regressed :)

I agree that would be nice and something we need to do before release,
I may let us sort that one test in M4 to enable the M3 build, I have to
take a pragmatic approach to this.

That said, there is a more pressing issue:

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/44/builds/1686

which is somehow seemingly related to the coreutils change, I just
can't see how as yet :/

(as well as the gcc-plugin reproducibility issues)