[oe] New palm environment

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 18:13:50 UTC 2006

Dear developers,
I want know if is of worth start a new project to develop a palm/phone
environment using FLTK toolkit.

GPE and Opie are powerful projects, but some devices with small
footprint and slow processors don't work very well with it.

This idea appeared when me and Vladimir (who ported Linux to Siemens
SX1 phone) are speaking about Qt/Embedded and GPE performance on SX1.

Some possible toolkit are: FLTK2, pixil or minigui. We think FLTK is a
good option, because it has some modern features and still small and
fast.

I want know what you think about it?

Cheers,

Alan