[oe] New palm environment

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon Dec 4 18:37:00 UTC 2006

Vovan wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 23:22:56 +0300, Erik Hovland <erik at hovland.org> wrote:
>
>> Scratch your itch. There is enough room in the community for another
>> environment. But please consider why GPE or Opie can't do what you need
>> before taking on what could be a huge task.
>>

> My main problem is perfomance. For example:in Symbian "addressbook"
> application
> starts in less than a second; in Qtopia it starts something about 2..3
> seconds!

Actually, if you use the 'fast load' option, which loads certain apps at
startup, you will get a faster startup speed, which is the same way
symbian loads apps, and gives you the perception that it is faster. You
can also configure apps to be quicklaunched. For best results, configure
Qtopia as 'singleexec' which gives the best performance memory size and
startup speed.