[oe] {PACKAGE,TARGET_{,PACKAGE_,EXTRA_}}ARCH blues

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 23:23:47 UTC 2006

Please follow me through here:

In my case, an IXP4xx target, with big-endian ARCH_BYTE_SEX I have this:

from conf/machine/ixp4xx.conf sets:

TARGET_ARCH = armeb
TARGET_PACKAGE_ARCH = armv5teb

conf/machine/ixp4xx.conf then sets (overrides):
PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS = "armv4 armv4t armv5e armv5te ixp4xx${ARCH_BYTE_SEX}"

conf/bitbake.conf then sets PACKAGE_ARCHS to this:

PACKAGE_ARCHS = "all any noarch ${TARGET_ARCH} ${PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS}
${MACHINE}"

(note, it does not include TARGET_PACKAGE_ARCH, i.e. armv5teb is not there).

so later 'rootfs_ipk' sets ipkgarchs without 'armv5teb' in there.

classes/rootfs_ipk.bbclass:45:     ipkgarchs="${PACKAGE_ARCHS}"

end I end up with a full set of 'armv5teb' packages, which fail to
install to my image.

I can work around this by twiddling with the variable definitions and
settings, but I rather want to discuss what is the proper fix here?

Should PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCH be appended by TARGET_PACKAGE_ARCH?

Regards,
--
Leon