[oe] What's with the symlinks?

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Fri Dec 29 00:11:29 UTC 2006

Everywhere I go while assembling my OE build tree, I see admonishments not
to use a path that has symlinks in it.  For such a major problem, the only
real information on the actual problem is a fairly cryptic entry in the FAQ,
about a failure to build libtool-native.

Being an intensely curious kind of person, and not enjoying arbitrary
limits, I'm very interested to know what the *real* reason behind being so
strongly against the much-maligned symlink.  Can anyone enlighten me?

- Matt

--
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow
words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways