[oe] Problems creating a bitbake package

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 17:31:48 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I am new to bitbake package creation.

I am porting the Keith Packard's iPatience to GPE, to it I create this
ipatience.bb:
DESCRIPTION = "Patience game"
LICENSE = "GPL"
SECTION = "x11"
PRIORITY = "optional"
MAINTAINER = "Alan Carvalho de Assis <acassis at gmail.com>"
DEPENDS = "virtual/libx11 libxpm fltk"
PR = "r2"

SRC_URI = "http://augusta.ece.ufrgs.br/ipatience-0.1.tar.gz"

inherit gpe

My first problem:
"bitbake ipatience" command don't obey my SRC_URI tag, this tried
download ipatience-0.1.tar.gz from openembedded server and fault.

To "solve" this first problem I copied ipatience.tar.gz to my
oeworkspace/sources and create the md5 to it, then bitbake used it
correctly. Why bitbake don't obey the SRC_URI?

The original ipatience was using Imakefile, because it need xmkmf I
created a automake Makefile.am e configure.in. After a lot errors I
get it compiling.

But the libfltk from openembedded FLTK package has a problem:

/ipaq/openembedded/bitbake/tmp/staging/arm-linux/lib/libfltk.so:
undefined reference to `XUnsetICFocus'
/ipaq/openembedded/bitbake/tmp/staging/arm-linux/lib/libfltk.so:
undefined reference to `XGetIMValues'
/ipaq/openembedded/bitbake/tmp/staging/arm-linux/lib/libfltk.so:
undefined reference to `XSetICValues'
/ipaq/openembedded/bitbake/tmp/staging/arm-linux/lib/libfltk.so:
undefined reference to `Xutf8LookupString'
/ipaq/openembedded/bitbake/tmp/staging/arm-linux/lib/libfltk.so:
undefined reference to `XSetICFocus'
/ipaq/openembedded/bitbake/tmp/staging/arm-linux/lib/libfltk.so:
undefined reference to `XVaCreateNestedList'
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
| make: ** [ipatience] Erro 1
| FATAL: oe_runmake failed
NOTE: Task failed:
/ipaq/openembedded/bitbake/tmp/work/arm-linux/ipatience-0.1-r2/temp/log.do_compile.16138
NOTE: package ipatience-0.1-r2: task do_compile: failed
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
NOTE: package ipatience-0.1: failed
ERROR: Build of ipatience failed

The libX11 don't has this functions which libfltk use.

Please, can someone help me?
I spend a long time searching about so many problems which I got doing
it, for all problems I found one solution or work-around, but don't
found nothing to this last one.

Best regards,

Alan