[oe] Changes to populate-volatile.sh / new volatiles class

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:45:26 UTC 2006

Hello Jamie,

Monday, November 20, 2006, 6:32:54 AM, you wrote:

> The current populate-volatile.sh script uses it's cache (if it exists
> and caching is enabled) but it doesn't add any new volatiles to it
> unless you manually delete the cache, and even then it regenerates
> the cache only with the entries for things that don't currently exist
> on the system.

  Jamie, doing something about populate-volatile.sh is good. Once I
found it to be taking pretty long time on load, but it was with
Familiar. I know that OE uses cache and that should help. Still,
didn't you think about nice short populate-volatile.c? I guess, config
format of volatiles is fixed, so we don't lose any flexibility, but
there're just too many issues with doing such simple thing as creating
few links/dirs ;-).

[]

--
Best regards,