[oe] Changes to populate-volatile.sh / new volatiles class

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Wed Nov 22 23:07:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 05:45:26PM +0200, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
[...]
>   Jamie, doing something about populate-volatile.sh is good. Once I
> found it to be taking pretty long time on load, but it was with
> Familiar. I know that OE uses cache and that should help. Still,
> didn't you think about nice short populate-volatile.c? I guess, config

I haven't really noticed any issues with it from a speed point of
view (too busy noticing it not working when I add packages) so I
didn't think about a C version. That update-alternatives thing on the
other hand I have definately been thinking about redoing in C when I
get a chance - it's painfully slow. But yeah, it should be pretty
trivial to do populate-volatiles in C and that would remove the need
for the cache thing altogether.

For now I'm probably more concerned with fixing the things that are
broken then making things work faster ;)

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>