[oe] RFC: handling of machine/distro features stuff

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Fri Nov 24 16:03:26 UTC 2006

Dnia piątek, 17 listopada 2006 10:25, Richard Purdie napisał:
> > Which points me to this idea: how about adding COMBINED_FEATURES into
> > overrides? I do not know will it slow down BitBake or make metadata
> > bit more ugly but it is kind of solution.

> Also, this would automatically make any package machine specific and
> make multimachine pointless (anything using COMBINED_FEATURES is machine
> specific).

Koen suggested other solution - marking packages MACHINE specific when
COMBINED_FEATURES are used. For example wpa-supplicant will get this:

DEPENDS = "gnutls ${@base_contains('COMBINED_FEATURES', 'pci', 'madwifi-ng', '',d)}"
PACKAGE_ARCH = "${@base_contains('COMBINED_FEATURES', 'pci', ${MACHINE}, ${TARGET_ARCH}, d)}"

export HAS_PCI = ${@base_contains('COMBINED_FEATURES', 'pci', 1, 0,d)}

do_configure () {
        install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/defconfig-gnutls  .config

        if [ "x$HAS_PCI" == "x1" ] then; do
                echo "CONFIG_DRIVER_MADWIFI=y" >> .config
                echo "CFLAGS += -I${STAGING_INCDIR}/madwifi-ng" >> .config
        fi
}

Opinions?

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

        "To be or not to be that is the question.":
         every programmer knows the answer $2b or (not $2b) is $ff.