[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev glibc: drop 2.4, since it is confirmed to be nonworking on arm

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Thu Oct 19 21:39:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 09:45:21PM +0200, "koen commit" wrote:
> glibc: drop 2.4, since it is confirmed to be nonworking on arm

Hmm, was this really necessary? Surely marking it broken for arm
would have been enough for now?

I'm sure I'm not the only one running glibc 2.4 on lots of non-arm
devices and now have to either add glibc 2.4 back in to OE locally
and/or get all my devices upgraded (which will happen, once I've
finished testing with glibc 2.5, no other glibc's build here except
2.4 and 2.5.)

And I'm sure there'll be a lot of people wondering why OE is suddenly
building an older version of glibc.

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>