[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev glibc: drop 2.4, since it is confirmed to be nonworking on arm

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Fri Oct 20 07:04:08 UTC 2006

Dnia czwartek, 19 października 2006 23:39, Jamie Lenehan napisał:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 09:45:21PM +0200, "koen commit" wrote:
> > glibc: drop 2.4, since it is confirmed to be nonworking on arm

Koen: next time *check* does something use what you plan to remove.
Especially with such *important* packages like toolchain/libc ones.

> Hmm, was this really necessary? Surely marking it broken for arm
> would have been enough for now?

Should be enough.

> I'm sure I'm not the only one running glibc 2.4 on lots of non-arm
> devices and now have to either add glibc 2.4 back in to OE locally
> and/or get all my devices upgraded (which will happen, once I've
> finished testing with glibc 2.5, no other glibc's build here except
> 2.4 and 2.5.)

> And I'm sure there'll be a lot of people wondering why OE is suddenly
> building an older version of glibc.

I reverted koen's changeset and added DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_arm = "-1" so ARM
builds will skip it.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant