[oe] [Fwd: Re: bitbake freeze]

Øyvind Repvik nail at nslu2-linux.org
Mon Sep 4 13:20:12 UTC 2006

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Montag, den 04.09.2006, 00:28 -0700 schrieb Justin Patrin:
>> I just remembered the old "freeze" command that John Bowler wrote a
>> while ago and tried to use it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work
>> with the current OE.
>
> [...]
>
>> I realize the shell isn't really the right place for this and that
>> this might be nicer in a bb file somewhere but this is how I could get
>> it working.
>
> The shell is _exactly_ the right place for it -- since the command line
> parsing
> went so fast, we need to come up with new use cases ;)
>
>> Let me know what you think and any suggestions for making the code better.
>
> I'm not familiar with the old freeze command (or I forgot it...), can
> you summarize
> what you want to achieve?

The old freeze command looked at what had been built, and made a config
file with a BBFILES variable that specified each specific .bb-file used
(eg. samba_3.0.20.bb, glibc_2.3.3+cvs20050420.bb, etc.). The effect was
more or less "freezing" the the build, making a release easier.

Regards,
Øyvind Repvik