[oe] Improving consistency

cyril Romain c.romain at laposte.net
Wed Sep 6 07:55:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> when you are adding new versions of a bitbake recipe, please
> take a chance to reorder the metadata according to the
> "standard" layout found in http://openembedded.org/wiki/StyleGuide

To improve the work-in-progress sanity.py script, I made two lists:

1. the list of all the variables used in the metadata (e.g. 'FOO =
"bar"'). The list includes variable overrides and package-specific
variables.

2. the list of all the routines used in the metadata including tasks and
event handlers (e.g. 'do_stage()', 'python myclass_eventhandler()')

It would be great if someone could have a look at those list and:
 - update the Style Guidelines with the commonly allowed variables and
routines.
 - create the list of variables/routines that user shall override (e.g.
'SRC_URI_append_collie' is correct but maybe not
'MAINTAINER_libc6-unslung'). It is the same list as above ?
 - create the list of invalid variables/routines seen in attached lists

Thanks in advance :)

Best regards,

  Cyril

PS: I hope text attachments are accepted...