[oe] sanitize.py

cyril Romain c.romain at laposte.net
Mon Sep 11 22:09:55 UTC 2006

Hi Jamie,

Jamie Lenehan wrote:
> Nice work on sanitize.py, I like it!
>
> Here's a few things I'd like to see changed:
>
> * For initscripts the order should be:
>
>   INITSCRIPT_PACKAGES
>   INITSCRIPT_NAME
>   INITSCRIPT_PARAMS
>
> since the PACKAGES lists which packages we are going to have
> initscripts for while the NAME and PARAMS are repeated for each one
> of those packages, like this:
>
>   # Main init script starts all deamons
>   # Seperate init script for watchquagga
>   INITSCRIPT_PACKAGES                     = "${PN} ${PN}-watchquagga"
>   INITSCRIPT_NAME_${PN}                   = "quagga"
>   INITSCRIPT_PARAMS_${PN}                 = "defaults 15 85"
>   INITSCRIPT_NAME_${PN}-watchquagga       = "watchquagga"
>   INITSCRIPT_PARAMS_${PN}-watchquagga     = "defaults 90 10"

Corrected!
> Also it seems to split these up when they probably should be kept
> together. ie, the above currently comes out as this:
>
>   INITSCRIPT_NAME_${PN}                   = "quagga"
>   INITSCRIPT_NAME_${PN}-watchquagga       = "watchquagga"
>
>   # Main init script starts all deamons
>   # Seperate init script for watchquagga
>   INITSCRIPT_PACKAGES = "${PN} ${PN}-watchquagga"
>
>   INITSCRIPT_PARAMS_${PN}                 = "defaults 15 85"
>   INITSCRIPT_PARAMS_${PN}-watchquagga     = "defaults 90 10"

Corrected!
> * For alternatives the order should be:
>
>   ALTERNATIVE_NAME
>   ALTERNATIVE_PATH
>   ALTERNATIVE_LINK
>   ALTERNATIVE_PRIORITY
>
> since NAME and PATH are required while LINK and PRIORITY are
> optional. I think it's better to always have the two required entries
> first and then the optional ones, like this:
>
>   ALTERNATIVE_NAME = "awk"
>   ALTERNATIVE_PATH = "gawk"
>   ALTERNATIVE_LINK = "${bindir}/awk"
>   ALTERNATIVE_PRIORITY = "100"

Corrected!
> It also splits these up and they should probably be kept together as
> well. ie, the above currently comes out as this:
>
>   ALTERNATIVE_LINK = "${bindir}/awk"
>
>   ALTERNATIVE_NAME = "awk"
>
>   ALTERNATIVE_PATH = "gawk"
>
>   ALTERNATIVE_PRIORITY = "100"

Corrected!
> * It doesn't know about the PKG variable (the name of the package,
>   used to prevent debian.bbclass from changing the name to an
>   internal shared library name.):
>
>   ## Warning: unknown variable/routine "PKG_${PN}-ospfd         = ${PN}-ospfd"
>   ## Warning: unknown variable/routine "PKG_${PN}-ospfclient    = ${PN}-ospfclient"

PKG key added!
> * It doesn't know about pre/post rm/install scripts (maybe it's not
>   meant to?):
>
>   ## Warning: unknown variable/routine "pkg_prerm_${PN} () {"
>   ## Warning: unknown variable/routine "        ${sysconfdir}/init.d/quagga stop"
>   ## Warning: unknown variable/routine "}"
>   ## Warning: unknown variable/routine "pkg_prerm_${PN}-ospfd () {"
>   ## Warning: unknown variable/routine "        ${sysconfdir}/init.d/quagga stop ospfd"
>   ## Warning: unknown variable/routine "}"

Corrected! (pkg pre rm/install were missing)

In attachment the new version of sanitize.py. Among the above
corrections, it handles more cases so it is less buggy for sure.
I send it to you as a patch. Can anyone please commit the patch ? (sorry
to ask but I don't have right to commit)

Thank you for pointing that out :-)

Best regards,

  Cyril