[oe] postinst jobs and "exit 1"

Martin Dietze di at fh-wedel.de
Thu Sep 14 15:15:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, September 14, 2006, Richard Purdie wrote:

> Based on that are there any specific examples giving cause for concern?

The problem was somewhere else. Since there is some checking
for errors after having performed the offline installation into
the image's root file system I got an error after an "exit 1"
in a postinst job. As it turned out the problem was not the
action performed but the fact that there had been a `set -x'
before it in the recipe. Took me half a day to find out :)
Sorry for having bothered you with this.

Cheers,

Martin

--
-------------- Martin Dietze --------------- / -- 4G Systeme GmbH Hamburg ---