[oe] package xserver-xorg-X11R7.1-1.1.0-r0: task do_configure: failed

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:21:27 UTC 2006

Hello Axel.Lin,

Thursday, September 28, 2006, 11:39:35 AM, you wrote:

> hi list,
> I'm using mainstone/generic config.
> When I try to build gpe-image, I got failed message as below.
> xaw7 package is missing.
> How to fix this issue?

> | checking for XDMCP... yes
> | checking for XdmcpWrap in -lXdmcp... no
> | checking for XSERVERCFLAGS... yes
> | checking for XSERVERLIBS... yes
> | checking if SVR4 needs to be defined... no
> | checking whether to build Xdmx DDX... checking for DMXMODULES... yes
> | yes
> | checking linux/input.h usability... yes
> | checking linux/input.h presence... yes
> | checking for linux/input.h... yes
> | checking linux/keyboard.h usability... yes
> | checking linux/keyboard.h presence... yes
> | checking for linux/keyboard.h... yes
> | checking for XDMXCONFIG_DEP... Package xaw7 was not found in the
> pkg-config search path.
> | Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xaw7.pc'
> | to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> | No package 'xaw7' found
> | configure: error: Package requirements (xaw7 xmu xt xpm x11) were not met:

  So, somehow listed above X11 packages were not build yet (or staged
properly). It's strange, because .bb file lists them as dependences.
Anyway, quick fix would be to try to build them manually (note you'll
need to use OE package names, not shortings in error above).

  Another suggestion if you don't feel like digging what can be wrong
there, is to try some named distro instead of "generic" one, e.g.,
"angstrom-2007.1". Note that it comes with xserver-kdrive, not
full-fledged X.org. Just yesterday I fixed similar error building it
in the described configuration - it was due to "xcalibrateext" being
renamed to "xcalibrateproto". I wonder, if the issue you report is
something similar. Eother way, gpe-image for angstrom-2007.1 was just
rebuilt successfully.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com