[oe] versioning madness

Tom Walsh tom at openhardware.net
Mon Apr 9 16:51:20 UTC 2007

Tom Walsh wrote:
> Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>
>> Hello Tom, Cliff,

>>> The solution is bbcollections.  If you set up bbcollections properly,
>>>

>> I am using the same method as Cliff and this works very well for me. I
>> put my private tree in a CVS repository. (But I try to commit as much
>> generic stuff into mainline).
>>

> AH!  You know, I use svn regularly and I didn't even think about using
> it against the OE tree!  Thanks, that would be the best solution for me.

Nope, didn't work as well as I had hoped.  Both monotone and subversion
bit^H^H^H complain about having an existing directory, so, I cannot
"overlay" into the OE tree with either.

I'll just have to do it the old-fashioned way and edit the stuff with vi.

TomW

http://openhardware.net http://cyberiansoftware.com http://openzipit.org