[oe] OE a deterministic build system?

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon Apr 9 17:50:07 UTC 2007

Justin Patrin wrote:
>> Now, I really wonder what causes this virgin build to fail for me when
>> it seems everybody else can happily build it?  Is OE not deterministic?
>> Hints and discussion welcome.
>>

> Of course it's deterministic....you do get the same error every time,
> don't you? Sounds like it's a difference between your system and
> everyone else's. I'll try a build myself with almost your exact
> local.conf and a fully up to date .dev as well.

I've had trouble in the past with autoconf detecting software installed
on the build machine and using those paths for the OE build. This was
caused by bad m4 macros that OE could not account for. I fixed the
autoconf and solved the problem. Read the logs of the failed package and
see if it is using headers from the machine you are building on.

Philip