[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev task-sdk-sbox, task-sdk: clean out base sdk packages, they should only contain a toolchain

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Tue Apr 10 15:51:07 UTC 2007

Quoting Florian Boor <florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de>:

> Hi,
>
> koen commit schrieb:
> > task-sdk-sbox, task-sdk: clean out base sdk packages, they should only
> contain a toolchain
>
> I disagree about this as well - if you want a single toolchain please create
> toolchain package. These ones are intended to provide a full SDK.
> I see the need for what you intended to do but don't do it in this way.
> What we should do is to have a set of SDKs that provide both toolchain and
> libraries and packages with only a basic toolchain.

Right, and my changes allow that, you just add tasks *outside* of
task-{sdk,sbox}.bb and you get what you want. With your changes peope have to
*needlessly* *duplicate* task-{sdk,sbox} if they just want a simple toolchain
(without building 3/4 of OE).
So please keep task-{sbox,sdk} clean and generic, otherwise we have multiple
copies of sdk and sed magic no-one understands enough to maintain.
Does my plan sound ok to you?

regards,

Koen