[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev mtx-3a.conf, nylon-image-base.bb: removed remaints from old OE code (PACKAGE_INSTALL instead of IPKG_INSTALL)

Martin Dietze di at fh-wedel.de
Fri Apr 20 09:54:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, April 19, 2007, Richard Purdie wrote:

> > > I just noticed that not inheriting image_ipk actually gives me
> > > problems because ipkg-native is no longer automatically
> > > DEPENDed. Is this a bug or a featuer? In the latter case -
> > > where are maintainers supposed to put the necessary
> > > configuration?
>
> Is this in OE.dev or in a different branch and which bitbake version?
> There have been some recent changes that had potential to stop certain
> DEPENDS from appearing.

I am using bitbake 1.6.3 and OE.dev. I also tried bitbake 1.8.0
but this does not seem to make any difference.

> > I believe that is meant to be inherited on a distro level. The images
> > are generic and the distro chooses what package format it wants to
> > use.
>
> Kind of. image_ipk.bbclass no longer exists in OE.dev which is why I've
> said it won't work. The top of image.bbclass does:
>
> inherit rootfs_${IMAGE_PKGTYPE}
>
> IMAGE_PKGTYPE is set by both package_ipk.bbclass and package_deb.bbclass

Yes, I've seen this, but it does not seem to have the effect I
want. I had another look at it again today.

> Users (or distros) have to inherit one or more of these to enable
> packaging. The first one inherited is used for rootfs generation. Having
> to select a package type isn't a problem in practise since rootfs
> generation currently depends on packages.

If I understand all this correctly this is supposed to be done
by this:

INHERIT += "package_ipk ..."

... in conf/distro/my-distro.conf, which I expect to be used
here:

classes/package_ipk.bbclass:IMAGE_PKGTYPE ?= "ipk"

... and which is then expanded here:

classes/image.bbclass:inherit rootfs_${IMAGE_PKGTYPE}

Unfortunately this does not work! The only way I get this to
work is by adding a "inherit rootfs_ipk" in the different
images' bitbake files, but this is surely not the way it is
meant to be?

Cheers,

Martin

--