[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev mtx-3a.conf, nylon-image-base.bb: removed remaints from old OE code (PACKAGE_INSTALL instead of IPKG_INSTALL)

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Apr 19 16:52:39 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 09:38 -0700, Justin Patrin wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Martin Dietze <di at fh-wedel.de> wrote:
> > > image_ipk is incorrect and I'd mentioned this being a problem on the
> > > mailing list - it was causing parsing errors. We have multiple image
> > > generation types now and selecting them like that in .bb files doesn't
> > > make sense so images just inherit image.
> >
> > I just noticed that not inheriting image_ipk actually gives me
> > problems because ipkg-native is no longer automatically
> > DEPENDed. Is this a bug or a featuer? In the latter case -
> > where are maintainers supposed to put the necessary
> > configuration?

Is this in OE.dev or in a different branch and which bitbake version?
There have been some recent changes that had potential to stop certain
DEPENDS from appearing.

> I believe that is meant to be inherited on a distro level. The images
> are generic and the distro chooses what package format it wants to
> use.

Kind of. image_ipk.bbclass no longer exists in OE.dev which is why I've
said it won't work. The top of image.bbclass does:

inherit rootfs_${IMAGE_PKGTYPE}

IMAGE_PKGTYPE is set by both package_ipk.bbclass and package_deb.bbclass

Users (or distros) have to inherit one or more of these to enable
packaging. The first one inherited is used for rootfs generation. Having
to select a package type isn't a problem in practise since rootfs
generation currently depends on packages.

Cheers,

Richard