[oe] FYI: OZ bugs after angstrom transition

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri Apr 27 10:56:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

today I sent the following comment to all bugs in the OE bug tracker
with version OpenZaurus*

== start comment ==
OpenZaurus is being phased out and replaced by angstrom which supports
all Z models, except SL-A300 as usual.  Furthermore, angstrom extends
support to quite a few non-Zaurus devices.  See
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org for more information.

Therefore we ask all reporters of openzaurus bugs to verify if their bug
is fixed in angstrom and if not replace the version field in the bug
tracker with angstrom.  Images are available at
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/images/  Be sure to read
the installation instructions
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/taxonomy/term/2 If there is
anything unclear, be sure to either ask here or in #angstrom in IRC

You should be aware that of course by flashing your device all
information not backed up to external media will be irrevocably lost.
== end comment ==

This is to give the reporters an opportunity to test whether angstrom
fixed the bug (likely in the case of those nasty, old, impossible to fix
2.4 kernel issues) or migrate the bug.  All bugs without reaction are
going to be marked as WONTFIX in about two weeks.

Regards

Rolf

PS: This mail is sent to four groups.  F'up and Reply-To are set to
oe-devel.