[oe] Gstreamer and rpath

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Sun Aug 5 20:16:09 UTC 2007

Richard Purdie wrote:

> > A random idea:
> >
> > Define TARGET_ROOT_MAP, which may use similar syntax like overlay
> > filesystems have. It will allow to construct sysroot by these
> > filesystems on fly as well, e. g. for use with emulators.
>
> That would be a much nicer solution. Staging could them have its own
> mapping and it should solve most of the problems we see. Have you any
> idea how difficult that would be to implement?

I guess that a short time solution would be a wrapper script on top of
gcc - applications will call this wrapper, it will rewrite command line
arguments and then call gcc. It could also work with older versions of
gcc without any backporting.

Long time solution would be implementing this upstream in gcc and all
automake checks.

I guess that there is several use cases, where target-root-map would be
more flexible than sysroot: noarch<platform<model (used in OE) and
basesystem_root<addon_root.

I am not sure, whether libtool will require modifications or not.